Health & Fitness Club
Enjoy a full life of fun and fitness.
Opening Spring 2017
Our new Health & Fitness Club will cater to the unique needs of active adults (50 and older) to encourage lifelong health and wellness. Membership is open to all residents of Touchmark and the greater community. Members will enjoy a wide range of activities and classes that can positively affect age-related conditions, such as arthritis, cancer, heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, diabetes, hypertension, and depression.
All programs are tailored to individual levels of ability, skill, and personal fitness goals. They are designed to help you improve and maintain:
- Strength, flexibility
- Balance, coordination
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Emotional health
- Mental acuity
- Maximum independence
Key program components:
- Muscular strength training provides easier movement, better balance, and a leaner, stronger body;
- Cardiovascular fitness training increases energy and endurance;
- Flexibility exercises gradually expand your range of motion, with less pain;
- Motivational classes offer greater understanding of your health and well-being.
Showers and changing rooms, including personal lockers, towel service and valet parking, are available free for the day. And all equipment is specifically selected for the unique fitness needs of our members.
- Warm-water pool measures 25 x 50 feet and includes two lanes for lap swimming. The depth ranges from 3.5 to 5 feet.
- Aquatics and pool therapy, including shallow and deep-water exercises, such as water aerobics and classes tailored for those with arthritis.
- Lap swimming
- Warm-water spa pool containing whirlpool jets and seating for eight—the ideal place to relax after a workout.
- One-on-one personal assistance available in 30- or 60-minute appointments
- Individual program design
- Equipment orientation
- Strength-training equipment
- Cardiovascular equipment, including Precor treadmills, bike, elliptical trainers, and Nu-Steps
- Aerobics studio offers a range of classes to enhance balance, strength, and cardiovascular health at multiple levels
- Functional fitness assessment
- Health and wellness screening
Discover the joy of increased fitness through a membership in a Touchmark Health & Fitness Club!
AQUATIC & REHABILITATION THERAPY
Solutions for success.
Whether you’re living with a chronic illness, returning from a hospital stay, or recovering from a work-related or sports injury, working with qualified professionals is an important part of your treatment. At Touchmark Aquatic & Rehabilitation Therapy, we offer effective, caring rehabilitation services to a wide range of individuals
Our staff includes physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language therapists, who work under the direction of your physician or health care provider. Each therapist is dedicated to providing you with the most effective, advanced services. A key component of our treatment is the warm-water 75-foot pool. In addition, we use specialized fitness equipment as part of our treatment. These tools, combined with our expertise, help you regain a healthier life.We are licensed by the state of Washington and are Medicare certified. Insurance coverage can vary; call us to discuss your situation.
Our program serves people living throughout Southwest Washington state, including Clark county, Cowlitz county, and Skamania county.Touchmark Aquatic & Rehabilitation Therapy brings together more than 60 years of collective experience from well-trained, dedicated professionals. Our personalized, person-oriented care uses an interdisciplinary approach based upon your needs and desires as well as achievable and measurable goals.Physical therapists work to increase flexibility, strength, endurance, mobility, and balance and to decrease pain.
Occupational therapists help to increase endurance and independent function for life’s daily tasks. They also help improve coordination and dexterity.Speech-language therapists work to improve communication skills, swallowing capabilities, and comprehension abilities.
Touchmark Aquatic & Rehabilitation Therapy can help improve a wide range of conditions, including:
- Neck, back, shoulder, and leg pain
- Postsurgical complications
- Orthopedic problems
- Neurological challenges
- Balance and instability
- Weakness Arm and hand difficulties
- Strains, sprains, and tendonitis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Urinary Incontinence
- Speech, language, and memory problems
- Swallowing disorders
- Geriatric rehabilitation
For complete details or if you would like more information about our Health &Fitness Club, please contact us today.